My good friend Damon Williams (one of the top developers at PayPal) have just announced the new PayPal button factory.
For those of you who don’t know what PayPal is, (I have a couple of videos and a couple of posts coming up soon) PayPal simply is a safe fast way to accept money online.
Before I go any further, I have to say that as I am writing this, this new improvement is only available to developers and will be available soon at PayPal.com, however, since I am a certified PayPal developer, I took a look at the new very useful enhancements on the new button factory, and I like it a lot (specially the first 2), here are the new option from Damon’s blog post:
– Multiple drop-down options per button (e.g., Size,
Color, etc), and we’ve removed the limit of having just two optional fields
– The ability to set price by options (e.g., $8 for
medium t-shirts and $10 for large)
– Inventory tracking and management capability
– Simple button customization (e.g., add credit card
logos, make a smaller size, etc.)
– The ability to track profits and margins by products
– Save commonly created buttons
– Easy-to-use encryption
– And much more…
I hope all of my fellow nerds like it.